Utility Aid secured an 80% reduction on an unexpected energy bill


Utility Aid took responsibility for all negotiations and administration

More Good

Utility Aid helped save £10,000 enabling WWT to help save more wetlands for wildlife & people

Case study: The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust


The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) is a conservation charity that saves wetlands, which are essential for life itself.

What do they do?

WWT is one of the world's largest and most respected wetland conservation organisations working globally to safeguard and improve wetlands for wildlife and people.

What was their position?

WWT received an unexpected bill from administrators, several years after their previous energy provider went into receivership.

What was the strategy?

Utility Aid worked with the administrators and used their knowledge of the energy market to reduce WWT's unexpected energy bill.

"Utility Aid demonstrated a detailed knowledge of the business and led strong negotiations with the administrators. They were quick to respond to our questions and correspondence. The matter was resolved swiftly and the outcome exceeded expectations."

Julia McKay, Head of Finance
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust


Utility Aid negotiated with the administrators to reduce the unexpected energy bill

What were the immediate benefits?

Utility Aid were able to determine that the previously billed energy units were unjustified and that a significant saving for WWT could be made, saving them thousands of pounds.

What was the contract position?

This bill came from a previous contract through the administrators, several years after the provider had gone into receivership.

What did <strong>​ Utility Aid</strong>​ recommend?

Utility Aid recommended that the best course of action would be to negotiate the outstanding amount and request charges for additional levies and ancillary charges to be dropped.

"Utility Aid has been instrumental in saving WWT approximately £10K of unexpected energy charges, over 80% of the total bill. They worked hard and passionately on our behalf."

Julia McKay, Head of Finance
The Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust


Utility Aid saved approximately £10,000 on WWT's unexpected energy bill


Utility Aid negotiated an 80% reduction in the overall bill and got the administrators to drop charges for additional levies and ancillary charges, leaving only 20% of the original bill to pay.


Utility Aid's Energy Specialists took responsibility of all negotiations with the administrators, giving WWT peace of mind and the time to carry on with their work in their organisation.

Do more good

Utility Aid helped WWT save approximately £10,000 on unexpected energy charges which allowed them to deliver more to help save wetlands for wildlife and people.

May we use cookies to track your activities? We take your privacy very seriously. Please see our privacy policy for details and any questions.Yes No